MYC COMMISSIONS BUNDLE
MYC COMMISSIONS BUNDLE module for vTiger CRM 6.x
MYC Commissions Bundle is a complete solutions to manage your Salesman and their relative commissions, the bundle is composed by two modules:
- The Commission Rates module, that will allow you to define the rules according to your business to automatically generate the commissions to pay to your salesman
- The Commissions module, that will allow you to see all the commissions generated automatically according to your rules, then keep track and of the payment status for your commissions.
The following are some of the main features you will find in our modules:
- set specific commissions for each salesman;
- set commission levels then generate your commissions hierarchy;
- relate commission rates to the most important entity types on your crm, then you don’t need to create a new user to define a salesman, now you could define as salesman your contacts, organizations, vendors, or users;
- relate the commission rates to Quotes, SalesOrders or Invoices, and you can create as many different rates you need, so you are free to create different commission rates applied to this modules;
- specify a condition when the commission should be applied, so for example only when the related entity has a specific product, or a product with a specific field value (e.g. products in a given category);
- relate commissions to product and services;
- specify different type of commission rate, for example it could be a fixed amount, a fixed percentage on the entity total or the percentage of the total for each single product that match the specified conditions;
- rapidly track commissions related to your salesman, orders, invoices, quotes;
- track the paid commissions and the commissions that you still have to pay.
SETUP AND USAGE ISTRUCTIONS
1) SETUP AND CONFIGURATION
- Open your vtiger module manager then import the MYCCommissionsBundle module zip
- From your crm module menu click on the “Commission Rates” link, then you should see the license key activation page, put in the text box your license key (you could find it in our customer area) and click on the “Activate” button, after a few seconds the page will reload automatically and show you the Commission Rates main page.
- Go to your crm preferences on the Module Sequence Numeration section, then set your desired numeration for the modules MYCCommissionRates and MYCCommissions
- You are now ready to start define your commission rules and automatically track the commissions to pay.
2) COMMISSION RATES DEFINITION
The “Commission Rates” module for vTiger allow you to define the rules to automatically generate the commissions ( tracked in the “Commissions” module ) related to your salesman.
You can create many Commission Rates, with different conditions and for different modules, the related commissions will be generated automatically only when the conditions that you define will be matched. The following are the fields you can use to define your Commission Rates:
- Commission Rate N.: this is an auto generated unique number sequence, that will help you to quickly identify your Commission Rates
- Target Module (Mandatory) (SalesOrders, Invoices, Quotes): this field define the module used for the calculation of this commission, it could be SalesOrders, Invoices or Quotes, e.g.: if you select Quotes as target module, the commissions will be generated only for Quotes matching the defined conditions
- Target Status: this field define the status of the Target Module that will trigger the commission generation, the available values change depending on the selected Target Module and for example could be Completed, Paid etc..
- Target Type: this field is used to specify how should be generated the commissions, the allowed types are:
- Any Product/Service: the commissions will be generated independently of the related products
- Specific Product/Service: the commissions will be generated only when at least one row of the target entity will contain the selected product or service, if you choose this option the field Target Entity will be shown, and will allow you to select the target product or service
- Product Field Value / Service Field Value: the commissions will be generated only when at least one row of the target entity will contain the a product that will match the selected condition, if you choose this option the Target Field and Target Value fields will be shown, allowing you to define you condition. For example you could generate commissions only for products with a specific category, or a specific manufacturer etc.
- Commission Type:
- Fixed Amount: the commission amount will be a defined fixed import, independently of the total price of the related entity (Invoice, Sales Order or Quote)
- Percent on Total Amount: the commission amount to pay will be calculated as a percentage on the total price of the related entity
- Percent on Total for Single Product/Service Line Amount: the commission amount to pay will be calculated as a percentage on the total price for each single matched product line and different commissions for each line will be generated. For example if you selected as “Target Type” only products with a specific category, then the commissions will be generated only for the products matching these criteria and not for all the product lines in the related entity.
- Commission Amount: the amount of commission to calculate for this rule, depending of the selected “Commission Type” this could be a Fixed amount or a percentage.
- Related Salesman: the related salesman that will receive this commission, the commissions will be generated only when you create all the criteria defined before will be matched and the Related Salesman selected in the target entity (Invoice, Sales Order or Quote) will match the one defined in this field, you could set as your salesman an User, Contact, Account or Vendor from your crm.
- Parent Commission Rate: this field will allow you to set this commission as a child commission, you can select then the related parent commission, if you select a parent commission then all the fields will be disabled and will be able to define only the Commission Type, Commission Amount and Related Salesman, this because this Commission Rate will be triggered only when the selected Parent Commission Rate will be triggered, then respecting the same parent conditions.
3) COMMISSIONS HIERARCHY
When you are in your Commission Rate details page, you could see the Commissions Hierarchy related tab (on the right side), if you click you will see a graphic representation of the child and parents commissions, you will also be able to quick create child commissions from this tab view.
4) GENERATE COMMISSIONS
When you are creating/modifying a new Invoice, Sales Order or Quote you will see now a new block called “Salesman Settings” with a relation field inside that will allow you to select the main SalesMan that will receive the commissions (if presents) for this entity. You can pick as Related Salesman an User, Contact, Account or Vendor.
Each time you save an Invoice, Sales Order or Quote, it will be automatically processed to see if some of the Commission rules that you defined will match with the entity you are saving, if a matching rate for the selected Related Salesman will be found then all the related and child commissions will be generated immediately (if not yet generated previously), you will be able to keep track of these commission by using this module, or just looking at the “Commissions” related tab for the entity in question.
5) TRACK THE GENERATED COMMISSIONS
The Commissions module for vTiger allow you to see all the commissions generated automatically according to your rules, then keep track of the payment status of your commissions.
The Commissions module has the following fields:
- Commission N.: this is an auto generated unique number sequence, that will help you to quickly identify your Commissions
- Related Entity: the entity that triggered the Commission Rate that generated this Commission and could be SalesOrders, Invoices or Quotes
- Related Commission Rate: this is a relation field with the commission rate that generated this commission
- Related Product: the product related to this commission, this filed will be automatically compiled only if the Related Commission Rate type is “Percent on Total for Single Product/Service Line Amount”.
- Related SalesMan: the salesman related to this commission, could be User, Contact, Account or Vendor
- Commission Date: the date of the commission creation.
- Commission Amount: the total calculated amount to pay for this commission
- Payment Done: a boolean field useful to track the commission payment status
You can track you commission directly from the relate Salesman, the related commission rate or the related Invoice, Quote or SalesOrder, looking for the “Commissions” related tab in the left sidebar
The ORGANIZATION ”Sales Org.” will receive commissions when he will be set as salesman for INVOICES with STATUS APPROVED, the commission AMOUNT will be the 20% CALCULATED ON THE TOTAL AMOUNT
The VENDOR ”Sample Vendor” will receive commissions when he will be set as salesman for SALES ORDERS with STATUS APPROVED that have at least one LINE WITH THE PRODUCT “Antivirus”, the commission AMOUNT will be the 15% CALCULATED FOR EACH PRODUCT LINE
SAMPLE OF COMMISSION HIERARCHY BASED ON 3 COMMISSION RATES
The CONTACT ”Sample Contact” will receive commissions when he will be set as salesman for QUOTES with STATUS ACCEPTED that have at least one PRODUCT with the CATEGORY “Software”, the commission AMOUNT will be the 5% CALCULATED FOR EACH PRODUCT LINE
The USER ”User 1 Sample” will receive commissions when the CONTACT ”Sample Contact” will receive the commission CRN-3, the commission AMOUNT will be the 2% CALCULATED ON THE TOTAL AMOUNT.
The USER ”User 2 Sample” will receive commissions when the USER ”Sample User 1” will receive the commission CRN-4, the commission AMOUNT will be a FIXED AMOUNT of 5$.